Tuesday, September 25, 2007

83 Year Old Young Man

I had been to my cousine's marriage.... i had a plan to leave to permude(a remote village in the middle of the forest around 20kms from mangalore airport) soon after lunch and meet grandpa.... a place i love a lot..... got lots of memories with this place.......

At around 3 at udupi i went to grossary stores and got some day to day grossary and some fruits.... and started in a bus towards permude.... it was long time since i had been there but still i remembered everything....... i remembered a lot about my grandma who passed away last year.... i was soo unfortunate i had just spoken to her one day before and promised to visit her the next day....but i was late....

The bus took me over the curvy roads along but one funny thing was at one stop some were near a womens college at mulki.... 100s of girls got into the bus and it looked like i was the sole male in the bus was very funny they looked at me very strangely probably because i was a bit drenched with rain and also had big luggage hanging around me.....

I reached permude at around 5.30 called up grandpa to check has he reached home... and he adviced me to take an easier route as the normal route was in bad shape and also due to rains i had to cross a small stream...... but i insisted to go by the normal route and asked him not to worry.... i got a bit lost in the woods but i managed to go back.... i reached my home.... i love this home a lot.... felt like my grand maaa was waiting for me..... i dont know but i miss her a lot..... i almost got tears in my eyes seeing the house...... the tree under which i used to sit with my grandmaaa and listen to her stories...... all came to mind in a flash of second....

I entered the house and was very happy to see grandpa.... now he leaves alone in this remote place they dont have kids.... so he now feels very lonely on this earth without grandma.... everything in the house looked in a bad shape.... i entered the kitchen were in my grandma used to serve me the best food i had ever tasted in life.... and the kitchen looked haunted all the utensils she used rusted out.... the swing on which i slept when ever i went there...on my grandmams legs ...... felt like she still existed in that house......

I could not get sleep in the night somehow every moment i was feeling like someone is calling me.... towards the tree or towards a remote room in the house.... felt like my grandmamma also wanted to meet me.... but no one knew the source of how to meet.... i just wanted to meet her once.... such was my state i don't know y but i was like on my knees please give me one chance to meet her...... but does that work?

Morning as soon as i got up.... i moved towards the room in the 1st floor which invited me in the night...... it looked haunted dark rooms couldn't see anything with the doors closed and when u open the door it sounds like a horror movie due to the sound of the wooden doors.... once i entered the room it was spiders and bats everywhere...... it was a mess....but 2 things which caught me up were a suitcase and other box which contained all the belongings of my grandma.... i touched it to feel her... my heart cried for her....

Then i decided to speak to grandpa..... grandma was my past now i need to look into the person i have in hand..... asked him would he like to join me to bangalore no was the immediate response... i know he cannot leave without his house...... he told the stories about grandma probably about which he might not have told to anyone.... i saw tears in his eyes.... he was such a strong man i had never seen his eyes wet in the toughest of the moments.... it was his simplicity in life which took him far away from worries...... but now he misses his wife with whom he had spent 50years of life together supporting each other in this remote place..... now thats what is love...... he told he feels her in every corner of the house everyday feels like she is still around me.... i hugged him and he cried a lot.... probably he might not have cried so much in his life time.... it was a support he needed.... but what and how much i can do??? i don't know the answer right now.... but i will definitely take up this.... probably i have a duty in my hands......which i will not hesitate to finish.....

2 comments:

Scribbles of Mani said...

Hi
Such a heart touching blog. So nicely expressed your feelings.

poorna prajna said...

Thanx mani :-)